The League of Casual Legends  

Posted by SamuelMarston in

Do you play League of Legends?

If you don't but you're interested, there is a link at the top of my blog that will take you where you need to go.

League of Legends is a free to play competitive game that functions like a role playing game, but flows like a sport. Players are divided into teams, that control their champions on the playing field. The two teams compete to try to destroy the other team's base first. There are some intricacies thrown in for depth of play, but that really is the gist of it, and most of all: It's very fun.

Now, if you do play LoL already, you're probably saying to yourself something that goes like this:
"Samuel, I have played League of Legends, and I was soundly schooled by 10 year olds who beat me silly and then insulted my mother."

Friend, I feel your pain. I've been there. After a long day at work, I come home and hope to unwind a little, only to have this free to play game strung around my neck and yanked. No one likes being humiliated. Well, no one that I'm addressing at the moment.

It is in this spirit that I have created the League of Casual Legends. A group that is meant to be a safe haven for kindred casual spirits. We would really like to enjoy the game too, but don't have hundreds of hours a week to dedicate to mastering this GAME. Some of us have jobs. Some of us are students. Some of us have kids. Some of us are all of the above, and probably can't explain why they are still breathing.

We don't care where you've been. We don't care how many losses you have on your record. You're welcome. Come on in. We'll be playing with Champions that the general community have already decided are worthless.

Why?

Because we're having fun. We aren't playing to win. We're playing to enjoy ourselves.

When did video games start being such serious business?

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 8, 2010 at Thursday, July 08, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment